For those new to filmmaking, I suggest trying the yearly 48 hour film festival. That’s right, take your weekend and challenge you and your friends to create a masterpiece. Okay, okay, challenge yourselves to finish. You get a genre, a line, a prop, and a name that all have to incorporated into the film. Not in LA? That fine, they do one in almost every major city.
- Have your team on standby in a location already picked out. Transportation will eat up precious hours, especially at rush hour time (drawing is around 6pm). Send one person to draw the genre and call with all the required elements.
- Pick a story but keep it simple. Have a character arch but you can’t save the world in 24 hours.
- Do as much post in camera instead of on the computer. If you don’t know what that means, message me and I’ll write a whole post for you. 4K and RED are not necessary so long as the HD footage is high quality, you have saved yourself a lot of time at the end.
- Use your time wisely. You’ll need one whole day for editing and rendering. You have to turn it in on time, to the minute.
- Keep the paperwork in order. It can get you disqualified but its also one of the few elements that can be done ahead of time.
Enjoy two that I completed with an acting class 3 years ago and some Behind the Scenes Photos.
[su_youtube_advanced url=”https://youtu.be/gHyvB8-NDCU” modestbranding=”yes”]
[su_custom_gallery source=”media: 186,185,187,198,197,196,195,194,193,192″]
The Power Of Money
[su_youtube_advanced url=”https://youtu.be/FLr-dZBSSDw” modestbranding=”yes”]
Cast of Enemies Closer
Cast of The Power Of Money